Health Assured, the UK’s largest award-winning health and wellbeing provider, is exclusively offering all NHS staff including Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust free access to their innovative mental wellbeing app, My Healthy Advantage, to support them as they deal with the trauma of the COVID pandemic which is driving up levels of stress, anxiety and depression among frontline staff.
Health Assured currently supports over 50 NHS trusts and is always looking for new ways to help support NHS heroes as they work tirelessly to protect the nation’s health. In 2020, Health Assured saw a 34% increase in the amount of support they provided to the healthcare industry. Considering this key finding, the organisation hopes that free access to their app will provide in-the-moment support to individuals wherever and whenever they need it and give them a healthy advantage in the coming months.
The My Healthy Advantage app extends Health Assured’s propositions beyond their employee assistance programme (EAP), offering individuals an opportunity to access free, personalised health information and data to make informed decisions about their health and wellbeing. The app provides industry-leading features across four key categories – user wellbeing, user engagement, wellness and reward & recognition.
Each feature has been carefully built with the user’s wellbeing in mind and designed to improve the user’s mental health, financial wellbeing, social wellbeing and physical health, using personal metrics to set bespoke goals and achievements. Users will be able to identify and target their health and wellbeing priorities, such as quitting smoking, managing anxiety and stress, or simply being more active. The app is available via Android or IOS. Some of the key features of the enhanced and industry-leading app include:
- A weekly interactive mood tracker, which allows users to track their mood in relation to their emotional, physical and financial, wellbeing and breathing.
- Mini health checks for body mass index, waist measurements, sleeping patterns, alcohol, mental health and fatigue.
- Access to BrightTV – powered by Health Assured. A monthly series featuring well-known personalities talking about their personal experiences with mental health including Dame Kelly Holmes and Ruby Wax.
- Four-week plans aimed at improving employee health by focusing on areas like quitting smoking, losing weight and coping with pressure.
- A perks portal, allowing access to great offers from leading high street health and wellbeing brands
- Health hub & goals, which can track, sleep, steps, water, and smoking. The user can set daily and weekly goals, which can be reviewed at any time.
- Leaderboards where users can create leaderboards and share their unique codes with colleagues for them to participate.
- Users will receive achievements for completing four-week plans, wellbeing goals and placement on leaderboards in challenges such as water and steps.
David Price, CEO of Health Assured, said:
“During this stressful and uncertain time, NHS staff are facing enormous challenges while also managing their mental health, maintaining a work-life balance as well as family and health concerns. Health Assured’s smartphone app, My Healthy Advantage, provides support and resources to help manage these issues and ensures the right support is all available in one place. We aim to enable each individual to take control of their health and wellbeing on their terms. We want to do all we can to support our NHS heroes through these difficult times, and we hope access to our cutting-edge app will provide some essential help.”
For more information on how to access the app, visit https://www.healthassured.org/nhs-app-offer/