As the UK begins to return to normality and travel becomes a priority once more, one provider is ahead of the curve thanks to its extensive collection of Covid secure properties. Homelike is Europe’s leading online platform for mid to long-stay accommodation for business travellers and those requiring temporary accommodation for 30 days or more.
Primarily launched as a provider to the business sector, the fully furnished apartments are ideal for all travellers seeking a safe haven. In 2020, nearly 70% of bookings were either for a work relocation or a work project, which would normally last 3-4 months. 25% of bookings were for temporary accommodation needs, such as the need to self-isolate, house renovations or in between house moves. In the UK, 50% of bookings were domestic in 2020 with the remaining 50% coming from abroad.
The company is also ready to respond to an expected increase in demand for longer-term rentals for those wanting to visit family again after extended periods of absence. The average length of stay increased 10% during 2020. While from a business perspective, the increase in digital nomads, capable of working and living anywhere and the need for UK companies to have an EU office following Brexit, is also likely to spur additional bookings.
By booking with Homelike, travellers are saving on average 40% or more compared to booking a traditional hotel. The average monthly rent in London for example in 2020 was £2,700. With over 65,000 properties available in Europe, there is something for everyone including gyms, private outdoor spaces such as balconies or gardens, and even pet friendly apartments for new lockdown puppy parents. All apartments are vetted for 10 quality standards, including access to a workspace, fully furnished apartment, fast WiFi and access to a washing machine or service in the building.
Amongst the key benefits of booking with Homelike are:
- Wide range of fully furnished accommodation – 65,000+
- 450+ cities across nine European countries
- Guaranteed Covid security, thanks to the company’s enhanced hygiene programme
- Studio and 1,2 and 3 bedroom accommodation lets
- Home from home – relax in a private apartment with the option to dine out or cook ‘at home’.
- Share with colleagues if preferred, choosing larger apartments, each with en-suite bedrooms
- Suitable for families
- Many located in city centre locations, close to businesses, bars, restaurants and attractions
Booking with Homelike is simple and speedy, with online viewings available and dedicated booking managers to handle bookings. Larger businesses may also benefit from a company account with a dedicated account manager to oversee multiple bookings in multiple locations.
Amongst the options available are:
- Stay in a stunning two bedroom flat in Edinburgh. The spacious property can sleep four people and and plenty of living space including a kitchen, living room and separate dining room, ideal for working while everyone else relaxes in the lounge. Rental costs from £3,040 per month.
- In London, the perfect choice for a city workspace is a studio flat in Bermondsey. The apartment offers excellent amenities and space with a smart TV, speedy wifi and designer kitchen all part of the package. Meanwhile, for those who want to enjoy additional benefits (once restrictions allow), the complex comes with a shared workspace area, coffee shop, restaurant and workout studio. Monthly rent is £3,865.
- In the centre of Manchester, a zoned, open plan studio apartment provides a safe haven for city workers complete with kitchen area, office zone and sleeping zone, this compact apartment costs from just £1,524 per month.