In celebration of National Numeracy Day , Discovery Education – the worldwide edtech leader whose state-of-the-art digital platform supports learning wherever it takes place – is providing primary schools with dynamic digital resources to make maths learning fun.
Taking place on 17th May, National Numeracy Day aims to help people feel more confident with numbers. In support of this, Discovery Education has curated a collection of engaging resources encouraging children’s enjoyment of maths. Exploring numerical reasoning and problem solving in a fun and approachable way, the resources are designed to develop students’ core numeracy, giving them skills for use in the classroom and beyond.
Available via the award-winning digital learning service Discovery Education Espresso, and Discovery Education’s DoodleMaths, the curriculum-matched content also puts maths in a real-world context, helping students to see how it relates to their everyday lives.
Suitable for students from Foundation to KS2, the National Numeracy Day resources will provide teachers with lesson plans, videos and activities to bring maths to life.
The Discovery Education Espresso resources include:
- NEW Year 4 Multiplication Tables Check – an exciting range of games, interactives and challenges to help pupils secure key facts and improve speed of recall
- NEW Arcademics Channel – a fun collection of multiplayer maths games that focus on addition, multiplication, division, algebra, and much more
- Premier League Football Channel – match results, top scorers and the league table are updated weekly to enable pupils to investigate the maths behind the beautiful game
- Muddy Maths – an exciting channel that encourages EYFS pupils to explore numbers, measures and patterns around them through videos, books and interactive challenges
- EYFS, KS1 and KS2 Maths – channels that are home to a wealth of engaging resources to develop pupils’ essential maths skills
The DoodleLearning resources include:
- DoodleMaths – a revolutionary app which gives students a personalised programme tailored to their learning needs. Using the latest adaptive technology , DoodleMaths is designed to boost children’s confidence and ability in Maths, equipping them with the numeracy skills they need for success
- DoodleTables – an interactive times tables app which uses fun exercises and games to help children master multiplications
Howard Lewis, Discovery Education’s UK and International Managing Director said:
“Discovery Education is proud to support National Numeracy Day by providing teachers with digital resources to make maths lessons fun. By making maths relevant and engaging, we can help even our youngest students to feel confident with numbers and give them vital skills for life.”
The National Numeracy Day resources are available to Discovery Education and Doodle Learning subscriber schools.
Explore Discovery Education’s award-winning digital learning services at www.discoveryeducation.co.uk.
Find out more about DoodleLearning’s award winning apps at www.doodlelearning.com.